Loopback and Data Plane Interfaces
Following are the supported formats of the interface name:
- lo or lonThe name of a loopback interface, where n ranges from 1 through 99999.
- dpxpypz—The name of a data plane interface, where
- dpx specifies the data plane identifier (ID). Currently, only dp0 is supported.
- py specifies a physical or virtual PCI slot index (for example, p129).
- pz specifies a port index (for example, p1). For example, dp0p1p2, dp0p160p1, and dp0p192p1.
- dpxemy—The name of a data plane interface on a LAN-on-motherboard (LOM) device that does not have a PCI slot, where emy specifies an embedded network interface number (typically, a small number). For example, dp0em3.
- dpxsy—The name of a data plane interface in a system in which the BIOS identifies the network interface card to reside in a particular physical or virtual slot y, where y is typically a small number. For example, for the dp0s2 interface, the BIOS identifies slot 2 in the system to contain this interface.
- dpxPnpypz—The name of a data plane interface on a device that is installed on a secondary PCI bus, where Pn specifies the bus number. You can use this format to name data plane interfaces on large physical devices with multiple PCI buses. For these devices, it is possible to have network interface cards installed on different buses with these cards having the same slot ID. The value of n must be an integer greater than 0. For example, dp0P1p162p1 and dp0P2p162p1.