Creating a NAT device
This section provides information for creating a Network Address Translation (NAT) device.
In this example, the following steps are completed:
- The Vyatta AMI instance is configured as a Network Address Translation (NAT) device
- A new subnet is created within the VPC
- A routing table is configured so that the subnet can route traffic through the Vyatta NAT device
- A new instance is launched within the new subnet
- Remote access to the instance in the new subnet is tested by using SSH.
The following diagram shows the configuration that is created.