Associate a route table with the private subnet
This section details how to enable access to instances within the private subnet in the VPC and associate a route table with the private subnet.
This step enables access to instances within the private subnet in the VPC, and from the private subnet to the Internet through the newly created Vyatta NAT device.
To associate a route table with the private subnet
- Click VPC on the AWS Management Console Home page. The Amazon VPC Console Dashboard page appears.
- In the left navigation pane, select Route Tables. The Route Tables page opens.
- Select the route table that was created when you created the new subnet and click the Subnet Associations tab. The Associations tab opens.
- Click Edit to select the subnet that was just created (in this case, 10.0.1.0/24) and click Save.
- Add a default route for the NAT interface. In this case, dp0s0 is the NAT interface, so specify the eni number for dp0s0 as shown in the following figure.