Modify the default security group
This section details the procedure for modifying the default security group to allow access to port 3333.
This example shows how to modify the default security group to allow port 3333 access from anywhere. Connections to the Elastic IP address on port 3333 are translated by the Vyatta NAT device and then routed to the private instance that is created in a later step.
To modify the default security group to allow access to port 3333
- Click VPC on the AWS Management Console Home page. The Amazon VPC Console Dashboard page appears.
- In the left navigation pane, select Security Groups. The Security Groups page opens on the right.
- Select the default security group. The details for the default security group appear at the bottom of the page.
- Select the Inbound Rules tab. The current inbound rules appear.
- Select Custom TCP rule from the drop‐down list.
- Click on Edit and Add another rule.
- In the Port Range field, enter 3333. In the Source field, enter 0.0.0.0/0 and click Save. The rule appears in the rule table to the right. The security group now allows access to port 3333 from anywhere.