Assigning an AWS elastic IP address to the instance
This section details the process of how to assign an AWS elastic IP address to the instance to allow remote access.
- Click VPC on the AWS Management Console Home page.The Amazon VPC Console Dashboard page appears.
- In the left navigation pane, select Elastic IPs.The Addresses pane opens.
- If an elastic IP address is not already available to you, click Allocate New Address.The Allocate Address dialog box opens.
- In the Network platform field, select EC2#VPC. Click Yes, Allocate.A new Elastic IP address appears on the Addresses page
- Select the Elastic IP address to be associated with the instance you launched. Click Associate Address.The Associate Address dialog box opens.
- In the Associate with field, select the network interface for eth0. Click Yes, Associate.