Before you begin
To deploy Vyatta NOS within the AWS environment, you must be familiar with AWS and VPCs.
Prerequisites for your AWS account
- You need an AWS account. Sign up for an AWS account at http://aws.amazon.com/
- You must be able to log on to the AWS Management Console.
Prerequisite AWS knowledge
You will need a good understanding of at least the following AWS documentation:
You must also be knowledgeable about the particular AWS services that you will use. You can get AWS documentation at http://aws.amazon.com/documentation/.
Prerequisite AWS skills
You will need to be familiar with the following AWS tasks:
- Create a VPC subnet
- Create and attach an Amazon VPC Internet gateway to the VPC
- Set up routing in the VPC to enable traffic to flow between the VPC subnet and the Internet
- Set up a security group to control inbound and outbound traffic for the instances that are launched within the VPC
- Launch a Linux, UNIX, or Windows AMI instance in the VPC
- Create a key pair and assign it to an instance
- Assign an Elastic IP address to an instance
- Connect to a Linux or UNIX instance remotely by SSH protocol; or connect to a Windows instance by RDP protocol.
Learning about AWS
More resources, in case you wish know more about AWS beyond the scope of the Vyatta AMI implementation.
|Introduction to AWS webinar in the Solutions playlist|
|AWS documentation library|
|Amazon EC2 documentation index|
|Amazon EC2 Getting Started Guide|
|Amazon EC2 User Guide|
|Amazon VPC documentation index|
|Amazon VPC Getting Started Guide|
|Amazon VPC User Guide|