Upgrading a router in Azure
How to upgrade a router in Azure.
Before upgrading, save your existing configuration file for reference. Your configuration file is named config.boot and is located in the /config directory.
The add system image method of performing upgrades is not supported on Azure Marketplace Vyatta NOS images. Upgrades must be performed by moving configuration to a new router that is running the new version as follows:
- Save your current system configuration /config to a separate location on your network.
- Create a new Vyatta NOS VM in your resource group.
- Perform initial configuration of the new VM and test the installation to verify connectivity on the network.
- Shut down the old system so that it does not conflict with the new system.
- Load the configuration you saved onto the new Vyatta NOS VM.
- Reboot the system by using reboot.