Installing Vyatta NOS
How to install Vyatta NOS on the VHD associated with the VM.
The system boots from the Vyatta NOS ISO.
To install Vyatta NOS onto the virtual hard disk associated with the virtual machine, do the following steps:
- On the Virtual Machine Connection screen.
- At the Vyatta command prompt, run install image and follow the prompts to install Vyatta NOS onto the virtual hard disk.
- Enter a username for the administrator account.
- Enter a password for the new username that you provided for the administrator.Note: If you do not enter a username for the administrator, the device uses the default username, that is
- Shut down the virtual machine.
- From the Media menu on the Virtual Machine Connection screen, select .where xxx is the name of Vyatta NOS ISO that you downloaded. This configuration allows the virtual machine to boot to the VHD instead of the ISO.
- Start the virtual machine.This time it boots as an image‐based vRouter from the virtual hard disk.
- Test the installation.