Downloading the vRouter file for Linux KVM
The vRouter is available for a variety of virtual environments.
To download the KVM disk image, follow the procedure in this section.
The KVM disk image file is labeled with the prefix of vyatta-kvm_ and has a file extension of .img. This file is compressed by using GNU zip that produces a file extension of .gz, for example, vyatta-kvm_VSEyyyy.img.gz.
To download the vRouter Linux KVM image:
- Go to the Ciena Portal at https://my.ciena.com/CienaPortal and sign in.
- Select Support.
- From the Support page, select Product Help.
- Select Vyatta, 5600, and ISOs.
- From the list of downloadable files, locate the KVM file.
- Click on the file to proceed with the download. After you click on the file to be downloaded, the Export Compliance screen with an Export Compliance statement is displayed followed by an End User License Agreement (EULA).
- You must agree to accept both the statement and EULA to download the file.
- Save the downloaded file to a desired location on your local system.
- Use the gunzip command to uncompress the image, as in the following example:
The .gz extension is removed from the file. For example, the resulting file is vyatta-kvm_xxxx_yyyy.img.