Download Vyatta NOS files for VMware
This section gives the steps required for choosing and downloading the files to install Vyatta NOS.
Decide whether you will use the VMware template or the ISO image file.
- The VMware template includes a version of Vyatta NOS that is optimized for virtual environments. To simplify the installation process, we provide a template for each release of Vyatta NOS with optimizations for virtual environments and VMware. If you will use this, download both the template and the disk image files.
- You can install the ISO image on any of the hypervisors that Ciena supports.
The VMware files are labeled with the prefix of vyatta-esx_. The template file is in the Open Virtualization Format (OVF) and has a file extension of .ovf. The VMware disk image is in a Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK) format and has a file extension of .vmdk.
The ISO image file has an extension of .iso.
- Sign in to the Ciena Portal at https://my.ciena.com/CienaPortal.
- Navigate to Support > Product Help > Vyatta, 5600 > ISOs.
- Locate the VMware-related files in the list.
- For each file that you want to download:
- Click on the file.The Export Compliance screen is displayed. To download the file, you must agree to both the Export Compliance statement and the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Save the file to a location that your VMware ESX or ESXi machine can access.
- Click on the file.