Download Vyatta NOS files for VMware
This section gives the steps required for choosing and downloading the files to install Vyatta NOS.
Decide whether you will use the VMware template or the ISO image file.
- The VMware template includes a version of Vyatta NOS that is optimized for virtual environments. To simplify the installation process, we provide a template for each release of Vyatta NOS with optimizations for virtual environments and VMware. If you will use this, download both the template and the disk image files.
- You can install the ISO image on any of the hypervisors that Ciena supports.
The VMware files are labeled with the prefix of vyatta-esx_. The template file is in the Open Virtualization Format (OVF) and has a file extension of .ovf. The VMware disk image is in a Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK) format and has a file extension of .vmdk.
The ISO image file has an extension of .iso.
- Sign in at https://my.ciena.com/CienaPortal/s/login/.
- Select Software and Browse Downloads.
- From the Select Product drop-down, select Vyatta.
- From the list of vRouter downloadable files, locate the disk image file. Click the file to proceed. You are prompted with compliance and license agreement statements.
- Review the statements and, if you agree, accept them to proceed. Otherwise you cannot download the file.
- When you are prompted, choose where you want to save the file and download it.