Preparing for installation
The VM install image is the simplest way to get a vRouter up and running quickly. If the parameters of the VM install image do not meet your requirements or additional settings are required, then the vRouter can be installed from the ISO.
Before installing, prepare for the installation.
- Download the vRouter VMware files.
- Install VMware on a server. The installation procedures assume that the VMware system is operational. VMware ESX or ESXi and accompanying documentation can be obtained from VMware at http://www.vmware.com.
- Ensure that you have a minimum of 2 GB of free space on the system for a root partition. A minimum of 4 GB of free space is recommended for a production installation.
- Ensure that you have a minimum of 2 GB of RAM on the system. A minimum of 4 GB is recommended.
- The data plane supports from 1 to 128 CPUs. At least 4 CPUs are recommended for optimum performance.