Zero Touch Provisioning with a Preconfigured Bootstrap Server Address
For information on the architecture of Zero Touch Provisioning, refer to Architecture.
Zero Touch Provisioning with a preconfigured bootstrap server address requires the following components.
A laptop or other computer system that is connected to the LAN port of vCPE to launch a web browser.
A server that waits for registration requests from the vCPE, authenticates the vCPE device, authorizes the user that is in possession of the device by using an activation code and notifies other systems about the availability of the vCPE device for further action.
The following list describes some of the terms that are associated with Zero Touch Provisioning with a preconfigured bootstrap server address.
- Device authentication—SSL certificate validation by the bootstrap server or vCPE.
- Activation code—Code required to activate vCPE.
- Notification—Notification sent by vCPE after the bootstrap configuration process is completed.
- Bootstrap status page—Portal on which you can verify the status of vCPE. The status page is available only after the bootstrap server reboot is completed.
Staging Zero Touch configuration on vCPE
This section describes the process of setting up the default vCPE configuration, the configuration file details with an example, bootstrap server requirements and the way to access bootstrap status.
Configuring Zero Touch Provisioning at the branch
To configure Zero Touch Provisioning at the branch, perform the following steps
- Connect with default factory configuration to a bootstrap server in your network.
- Connect the WAN port to the LTE modem, to reach the bootstrap service.
- Connect an activation computer to the LAN port.
- Launch a web browser to access the
vCPE status page at http://192.168.0.1:8000/ .
Note: The IP address may differ based on your configuration and the setup of the device.
- Enter the
vCPE device ID or serial number as the username and the activation code as the password.
vCPE receives the bootstrap configuration from the bootstrap server after the verification of the activation code; the configuration is stored and saved. Then vCPE sends HTTP notification to the bootstrap server, and the bootstrap advertises its availability to other services.