reset ip bgp peer-group <name> ipv4 unicast
Resets IPv4 unicast sessions for all members of a peer group.
- The name of a defined BGP peer group.
- Sessions are not reset. Resend updates that have changed due to an export policy change or recalculate any updates received based on import policy changes.
- Re-read import policies and recalculate information in the BGP table based on import policy changes. This requires soft-reconfiguration inbound to be configured on the neighbor.
- Resets the outbound route filter (ORF) filter.
- Re-read export policies and resend updates that have changed due to an export policy change.
Use this command to reset inbound IPv4 unicast sessions for all members of a peer group. This forces BGP updates to be generated and new BGP policies to be applied.
Unless the soft option is used, all connections are dropped (a “hard reset”): TCP connections are terminated and all routes received from the neighbor are removed from the BGP routing table. Then the connection with the neighbor is re-established.
If the soft option is used, routes from the neighbor are marked as stale but are not immediately removed from the BGP table. Stale routes that are not received from the neighbor when the connection is reestablished are removed from the BGP table at that point.