Defining the GRE tunnel on WEST
For details on GRE tunnels, refer to Ciena Vyatta Network OS Tunnels Configuration Guide.
Defining the GRE tunnel from WEST to EAST defines WEST's end of the GRE tunnel. In this example:
- The tunnel interface tun0 on router WEST is assigned the IP address 10.3.3.1/30.
- The encapsulation type is set to GRE.
- The IP address on the local side of the GRE tunnel (local-ip) is set to that of the local data plane interface (192.0.2.1).
- The IP address of the other end of the GRE tunnel (remote-ip) is set to the address of the remote system (192.0.2.33).
- Multicast is enabled in order to allow routing protocols to be carried on the GRE tunnel.
To create the tunnel interface and the tunnel endpoint on WEST, perform the following steps in configuration mode.
Create the GRE tunnel interface, and specify the IP address to be associated with it.
Assign a brief description for the GRE tunnel interface.
Specify the encapsulation mode for the tunnel.
Allow multicast protocols (e.g., routing protocols) to be carried over the tunnel.
Specify the local IP address for the GRE tunnel.
Specify the remote IP address for the GRE tunnel.
Commit the configuration.
View the modified configuration.