Adding values to the GRE tunnel endpoint on WEST shows how to specify additional values for the tunnel endpoint on WEST that is created in Configure WEST.
- A key, 101088, is provided as a password-like mechanism. The key on each side must match.
- The TTL for packets is set to 220, ToS field is set to 55, and MTU for packets is set to 1460.
- Two firewall rule sets are applied to the tunnel interface:
- The tun0-fw-in rule set is applied to packets ingressing through the tunnel interface.
- The tun0-fw-out rule set is applied to packets egressing through the tunnel interface.
In the example, it is assumed that these firewall rule sets have already been defined. For information on defining firewall rule sets, refer to Ciena Vyatta Network OS Firewall Configuration Guide.
To configure the GRE tunnel endpoint, perform the following steps on WEST in configuration mode.
|Provide the authentication key.|
|Set the TTL.|
|Set the ToS.|
|Set the MTU.|
|Apply the firewall rule set for incoming packets.|
|Apply the firewall rule set for outgoing packets.|
|Commit the configuration.|
|View the configuration.|