Before upgrading, save your existing configuration file for reference. Your configuration file is named config.boot and is located in the /config directory.
Upgrading a Vyatta AMI
This section details how to upgrade a Vyatta AMI.
To upgrade the Vyatta AMI:
- Save your current system configuration (/config) to a separate location on your network.
- Using the new Vyatta AMI, create a new Vyatta virtual machine in your AWS environment. Use the instructions given in Chapter 1: Installing the System, starting in Obtaining and launching Vyatta NOS AMI.
- Perform initial configuration of the new virtual machine and test the installation to verify connectivity on the network.
- Shut down the old system so that it does not conflict with the new system.
- Load the configuration you saved onto the new Vyatta virtual machine.
- Reboot the system by using the reboot command. The system restarts with the new configuration.