Azure feature restrictions
Azure routing is a unique environment and many router features behave differently than would be expected in a typical router environment.
- Layer 2 features, multicast features, and features that use MAC addresses (parts of port mirroring and VRRP) do not work.
- GRE forwarding is blocked within Azure, although IPsec tunnels work.
- Routing protocols do not work. The Vyatta NOS unicast routing tables determine router behavior regarding interfaces.
- Azure routing tables determine traffic destinations.
- To direct traffic to the router, specific Azure user-defined routes must be added.