Installing the system
To perform the installation, run install image from a running system. For a fresh installation the running system is LiveCD, which you create before installation.
The process for creating LiveCD is described in Ciena vRouter LiveCD Installation Guide.
To install the binary image perform the following steps.
- Create and boot LiveCD.
- Enter install image.
- Enter values to create drives and partitions, as required, in your server.
- Enter a username for the administrator account.
- Enter a password for the new username that you provided for the administrator.
- When installation is completed remove the LiveCD disk.
- Set the BIOS on your system to boot from the device on which the vRouter software is now installed.
- Reboot the system.
- Test the installation.