Downloading the Vyatta NOS files for Hyper-V
How to download Vyatta NOS
To download the VHD file and the ISO image files, follow the procedure in this section.
Before downloading the files, determine the type of installation that you require. The .vhd file includes the Hyper-V template and Hyper-V-specific customizations and optimizations for the vRouter. If you are going to use the Hyper-V template, download the .vhd file. Otherwise, download only the .iso file.
To download and copy the vRouter VHD for Hyper-V:
- Go to the Ciena Portal at https://my.ciena.com/CienaPortal and sign in.
- Select Support.
- From the Support page, select Product Help.
- Select Vyatta, 5600, and ISOs.
- From the list of vRouter downloadable files, locate the Hyper-V files.
- Click on the required file to proceed with the download. After you click on the file to be downloaded, the Export Compliance screen with an Export Compliance statement is displayed followed by an End User License Agreement (EULA).
- You must agree to accept both the statement and the EULA to download the file. If you have any concerns with the EULA, consult Ciena technical support.
- Click on the required file to proceed with the download.
- Save the downloaded file to a location on your Hyper-V server.
- Make a copy of the .vhd file in a location where other VHD files are stored. For example, C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual hard disks. Note: The original vRouter VHD can be copied again to create additional vRouter virtual machines as required.
- Rename the new file as appropriate, to reflect the identity of the virtual machine that you are using.