Preparing for installation
The VM install image is the simplest way to get a vRouter up and running quickly. If the parameters of the VM install image do not meet your requirements or additional settings are required, then the vRouter can be installed from the ISO.
Before installing the vRouter software, prepare for the installation by performing the following steps:
- Download the vRouter Hyper-V files. Refer to Downloading the Vyatta NOS files for Hyper-V for instructions on how to download the available files.
- Install Hyper-V on a server. The vRouter installation procedures requires that the Hyper-V server is operational. Hyper-V and accompanying documentation can be obtained from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/.
- If you are using Hyper-V 2012, do not enable the following features:
- Router guard
- DHCP guard
- IP address rewrite
- Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
- Make sure that you have a minimum of 2 GB of free space on the system for a root partition. A minimum of 4 GB of free space is recommended for a production installation.
- Make sure that you have a minimum of 4 GB of RAM on the system. A minimum of 4 GB is recommended for a production installation.
The data plane supports from 1 to 128 CPUs. At least 4 CPUs are recommended for optimum performance.