Verifying the release and system type
The next step is to confirm that the correct release is running and it is running on the device that you expect.
To verify the release and system type:
- Log in as the vyatta user. Use the default password of vyatta unless you have changed it.
- Enter the show version command.
- The Version: line shows the version number of the system that is running. Make sure the Version: line shows the version you expect.
- The System type: line shows the type of hardware on which the system is running and whether it is in a virtual environment. Make sure the System type: line shows the information you expect.
- The Boot via: line shows the type of system that is running. Make sure the Boot via: line shows one of the following image systems:
livecd—The system is running from LiveCD.
image—The system is running as an image-based system.
disk—The system is running as a disk-based system.