Install Vyatta NOS ISO image for VMware
Install Vyatta NOS from the ISO image, on VMware ESX or ESXi.
Before installing Vyatta NOS ISO on VMware ESX or ESXi, download Vyatta NOS ISO file. Ensure the file is saved to a location that is accessible from the virtual machine you create in the following procedure. Refer to the Download the Vyatta NOS files for VMware procedure for more information.
- Create a Debian GNU/Linux 6 (64-bit) virtual machine.
- Point the DVD drive on the virtual machine to the downloaded ISO.
- Set up the virtual machine so that it will boot from the virtual DVD drive.
- Reboot the virtual machine.The virtual machine boots the ISO image.
- Log on to the virtual machine as the vyatta user. The default password is vyatta.
- At the Vyatta command prompt, enter
install image.Prompts appear to guide you through the install process. Complete the process to install vRouter.
poweroffto turn the virtual machine off once installation is complete.
- Reset the virtual DVD drive so that it no longer points to the ISO image.