Configure the Gnome Desktop client for IPsec RA VPN
- Navigate to the upper-right of the task bar and select the icon for Network Manager. Then click on the Settings cog icon.
- Network Manager icon
- Settings cog icon
- To the right of VPN, click the + icon to start the VPN wizard.
- Select the IPsec/IKEv2 (strongswan) menu entry.
- Add a VPN connection name as well as an address for the connection.
Because the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) in this example only contains a DNS name, the VPN profile must use a DNS name, not an address.
You can select the CA certificate, client certificate and client key in this menu.
Note that we use Request an inner IP address to assign a VIP.
Finally we enable an additional cipher proposal aes128gcm128-ecp256 for ESP to align with the cipher we specified on the RA VPN server we used for this example.
- Enter the password for your key.
The entry for the VPN toggle will now be blue.