Downloading the Vyatta NOS files for Hyper-V
How to download Vyatta NOS
To download the VHD file and the ISO image files, follow the procedure in this section.
Before downloading the files, determine the type of installation that you require. The .vhd file includes the Hyper-V template and Hyper-V-specific customizations and optimizations for the vRouter. If you are going to use the Hyper-V template, download the .vhd file. Otherwise, download only the .iso file.
To download and copy the vRouter VHD for Hyper-V:
- Sign in at https://my.ciena.com/CienaPortal.
- Select Software and Browse Downloads.
- From the Select Product drop-down, select Vyatta.
- From the list of vRouter downloadable files, locate the disk image file. Click the file to proceed. You are prompted with compliance and license agreement statements.
- Review the statements and, if you agree, accept them to proceed. Otherwise you cannot download the file.
- When you are prompted, choose where you want to save the file and download it. Save the downloaded file to a location on your Hyper-V server.
- Make a copy of the .vhd file in a location where other VHD files are stored. For example, C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual hard disks. Note: The original vRouter VHD can be copied again to create additional vRouter virtual machines as required.
- Rename the new file as appropriate, to reflect the identity of the virtual machine that you are using.