Customizing the configuration
To customize your configuration, follow the steps in this procedure for the configuration customization screen.
- In the left menu bar, select Processor.
- Click the Configuration option on the right pane, then click Copy host CPU configuration.
- Click Apply.
- In the left menu bar, select NIC :e9:8e:24. The Virtual Network Interface configuration screen is displayed.
- From the Device model: drop‐down list, select virtio to enable the enhanced virtual network interface driver. Click Apply. Note: Currently virtio is the only NIC driver supported in KVM for Vyatta router.
- Select Disk 1 in the left menu. The Virtual Disk screen is displayed.
- From the Disk Bus: drop‐down list, select Virtio to enable the enhanced virtual disk driver. Leave other fields at their default values. Click Apply.
- Remove any devices that are not required (such as the Sound device) by selecting the device and clicking Remove.
- At the top left of the screen, click Begin Installation.
The new virtual machine is created and begins to run in a separate window. When the Vyatta router finishes loading, the Vyatta login prompt appears in the virtual machine console.
At this point, test your installation.