Creating a virtual machine that boots from the Vyatta NOS ISO
How to create a VM that boots from the Vyatta NOS ISO using Hyper-V.
After a copy of the vRouter ISO is downloaded to the Hyper-V machine, you can create a virtual machine and boot it from the ISO.
To create a virtual machine:
- Within Hyper-V Manager, select the Hyper-V server to which you wish to add the new virtual machine.
- From the Action menu, select to start the New Virtual Machine Wizard.The Before You Begin screen is displayed.
- On the Before You Begin screen, click Next.The Specify Name and Location screen is displayed.
- Click Next.The Assign Memory screen is displayed.
- On the Before You Begin screen, click Next.
- On the Assign Memory screen, specify the amount of memory that is required for the virtual machine. A minimum of 2 GB is recommended.
- Click Next. The Configure Networking screen is displayed.
- On the Configure Networking screen, specify the virtual network to use.
- Click Next. The Connect Virtual Hard Disk screen is displayed.
- On the Connect Virtual Hard Disk screen, select Create a virtual hard disk and specify the name, location, and size of the virtual hard disk.
- Click Next.The Installation Options screen is displayed.
- Click Next.
- On the Installation Options screen, select Install an operating system from a boot CD/DVD‐ROM, and Image file (.iso) then browse to the location of the vRouter ISO that you downloaded.
- Click Next.The Completing the New Virtual Machine Wizard screen is displayed.
- On the Completing the New Virtual Machine Wizard screen, confirm that the information that you provided is correct.
- Click Finish.The new virtual machine is created and is displayed in the list of virtual machines in Hyper‐V Manager.
- Click Next.