Upgrading the full VHD
How to upgrade the full VHD when Hyper-V specific content is changed.
When Hyper-V-specific content in the vRouter VHD is changed, you must perform an upgrade to the new VHD, using the procedure in this section.
To upgrade the vRouter VHD:
- Save your current system configuration (/config) to a separate location on your network.
- Using the new vRouter VHD, create a new virtual machine in your Hyper-V environment. Refer to the instructions in Installing the Vyatta NOS Hyper-V VHD.
- Perform initial configuration of the new virtual machine and test the installation to verify connectivity on the network.
- Shut down the old system so that it does not conflict with the new system.
- Load the configuration that you saved onto the new vRouter virtual machine.
- For each Ethernet interface in the loaded configuration, delete the hardware ID.In configuration mode, use delete interface ethernet ethx hw-id, where ethxis the name of the Ethernet interface.
- Reboot the system by using reboot.