Web GUI page — Configuration
Lets you configure system components. The configuration options that are available here are the same as are available in the Vyatta NOS CLI.
You can find detailed information about configuration options and commands in various guides elsewhere in the Vyatta NOS documentation.
Functionality in the secondary navigation area
Indicators in this area provide information as follows:
- Bold text in the hierarchy: Indicates that the node is currently configured in the system.
- Plain text in the hierarchy: Indicates that the node is not currently configured in the system, but is available for configuration.
Functionality in the toolbar area
Controls in this area offer functionality as follows:
- Hide Tips/Show Tips : Toggles between showing and hiding help tips within the Content area.
- Show: Displays the proposed configuration. New or modified fields are indicated with a plus sign (+). Deleted fields are indicated with a minus sign (-). After the proposed configuration is committed and becomes the active configuration, these indicators are removed.
- Load: Loads the specified configuration to become the active configuration. The configuration file specified can be local or remote.
- Save: Saves the active configuration. The file can be stored either locally or remotely.
- Discard: Discards any changes (indicated by yellow dots) that have been made before Commit is pressed.
- Commit: Commits changes to the active configuration.
Functionality in the content area
Contextual controls in this area offer functionality as follows:
- Set: Confirms changes that you made in your current selection. Press Commit to apply your changes.
- Delete: Removes the configuration node that you selected. Press Commit to apply your change.
- Create: Creates a new configuration node. Pressing Commit activates the change.
- Add: Adds an entry to a multivalue leaf node. Pressing Commit activates the change.
- Trash can: Removes an entry from a multivalue leaf node. Pressing Commit activates the change.
Indicators in this area provide information about commands and configuration fields as follows:
- Red asterisk: Indicates a required field.
- Yellow dot: Indicates that the configuration has been modified. A - inside the dot indicates that the node is to be deleted. Press Commit to apply your change.
- Red dot: Indicates that the configuration is in error — you must fix this before you can commit your change.